Introducing the First System of Empowerment
For my very first article post on LinkedIn, I thought an introduction was in order.
Deep down, I’m a passionate person. (I am half Italian after all!) I believe ideas matter. Ideas in business, technology, science, and economics get me super excited…yes…I said economics. What excites me is when people take the combination of these things to turn opportunities into success. It’s spontaneous yet somehow orderly, and the explosion of technology we have at our fingertips today is just incredible!
I started my career at a Fortune 100 company and for 10 years lived in the worlds of R&D, field service and business IT. I worked side by side with top-notch engineers, chemists, scientists, and IT. In that time I earned a patent, got my MBA, and traveled the world supporting new and groundbreaking industrial technology.
My passion for technology took me early into the world of cloud software, It was amazing to me that software for my industry was virtually nonexistent. After leading and implementing the first cloud field service solution at DuPont, I jumped feet first into a fast-growing startup, ServiceMax in 2013, leading a high-caliber professional services team implementing numerous enterprise field service projects and IoT.
The combination of these experiences with my domain expertise has been a blessing. I quickly learned that chaos & spontaneity will always exist in business no matter what industry. It’s not slowing down, and it’s the new norm. The one-size fits all approach, especially with all of the technology options out there, just doesn’t make sense anymore.
When it comes to the world of software technology, companies tend to focus on a few systems that eventually become overburdened with IT departments and businesses scrambling for options. For example:
- Businesses can’t wait. Out of frustration they quickly build more custom solutions.
- Some get a jump start with niche apps that offer some standard approaches. Over time customizations are needed, or other niche apps are bought to fill in the gaps.
- Critical functions like IT can be overburdened and often look for standard corporate approved software as way to address the business needs.
- There are competing IT budgets with ERP projects always needing the largest portions.
- Some companies simply stay put with their legacy systems until they are forced to change. When the time comes, they find it hard to decide where to go.
Why does this happen? Businesses are responding to change (Think buzzword Digital Disruption). They either find a way to embrace that change or suffer the consequence of the competition getting ahead. They come to realize there is no ONE perfect platform. So businesses use a mix of applications and Systems of Record. Clearly, there are different tools for different jobs, and rightfully so!
So how can you engage with all of those systems and siloed apps effectively? How can business stay agile enough to respond to constant change that always sits on the horizon?
The Solution…Introducing The First System of Empowerment
My passion for tech has kicked into high gear! I recently joined Turbo Systems where we have embarked on one of those massive ideas in technology. We have built the first “System of Empowerment,” a no-code platform empowering a business user to rapidly create sophisticated enterprise-grade apps that work across multiple systems of record, including Salesforce. No programming experience needed.
Turbo Systems has created a platform that is built for business and blessed by IT. In the past, applications required people who were technical to develop and manage them. With the explosion of companies buying new technologies, IT teams get backlogged with the various needs. But rest assured IT readers, no-code doesn’t mean no IT. IT is still an essential function within a business, but more on that topic in an upcoming post.
We are calling this new no-code revolution the System of Empowerment because it puts the power in the hands of business users (the ones who have the business context). They can:
- Rest easy using a platform that has flexibility and speed to support the dynamic nature of business today and of the future.
- Connect siloed apps and multiple systems of record
- Build and rollout sophisticated enterprise-grade solutions without having to write code. For example: Contextual inspection checklist for residential construction or industrial plant audits that feed into multiple systems of record.
- Create solutions that are built in hours and iterate changes in minutes.
- Work in a safer environment because business users don’t navigate the nuances of each system of record.
Turbo provides a rich set of drag and drop components such as maps, checklist, IoT, signatures and so much more in the studio app builder. We easily aggregate data from multiple systems of record without ever having to touch them! Turbo does all of this in a uniform, elegant and easy to navigate user experience that you can monitor and improve instantly!
I am super passionate about this no-code platform because it finally addresses the flexibility and dynamic nature of how businesses REALLY work. Finally, business users of all types will now have a layer of technology to work within bridging the gaps around them rapidly. Companies need more than just another niche app. They need to connect and extend what they already use while empowering business admins to configure applications for what is missing.
Turbo is the platform that pulls all of that together, with no code and no professional services required (this coming from a guy who used to work in professional services).
It’s time to empower the people that know your business context the best. Turbo’s System of Empowerment is the result of our core belief that technology should enable and bring businesses users together with freedom and flexibility…on your terms.